We have a fairly narrow investment focus, so obviously a lot of entrepreneurs ask us if their startups qualify for our investment. Here is how you can decide that for yourself. You need to pass all the primary and 2 out of 3 secondary tests in order to qualify for investment consideration by 47 Ventures.Primary Tests
- The business is high growth potential targeting a large addressable market exceeding US$100M
- The business leverages technology for rapid scale and efficient growth
- Majority of the shares are controlled by the founders/entrepreneurs responsible for execution
- The business has a legal, registered business entity in Pakistan.
- Majority founders are Pakistani AND Pakistan is the primary destination of job creation for the business
- The business has, and intends to serve, a large market in Pakistan through its products/services
Founding Executive Director, LUMS Center for Entrepreneurship. Director, Karandaaz Pakistan, DFID and Gates Foundation funded SME Financing SPV. Member IC, Insitor Impact Asia Fund. Director, Punjab Pension Fund. Member Steering Committee, HEC Technology Development Fund. Director, Infrastructure Development Authority of Punjab. Member Punjab Agriculture Commission. Director, Mobilink Microfinance Bank. 20+ years of startup, strategic business consulting and investment advisory experience for Fortune 500 and VCs in Silicon Valley, US, Europe, India, including 10+ in Pakistan. Best Private Sector CIO of Pakistan in 2012. 2 Services and 2 Product Startups in Silicon Valley. Prentice Hall published author. B.Eng. Computer Engineering, McGill University.